Endometriosis Treatment 2021 : Endometriosis is a condition in which the layer of tissue similar to the inside of the uterus grows outside the uterus. It is an unbearable condition that frequently occurs on ovaries, fallopian tubes, around the uterus, and ovaries. The major signs of this disease are infertility and pelvic pain. People who have this kind of disease to a large extent suffer from chronic pelvic pain.
This pain takes place during intimacy and menstruation. People who have this sort of disease face infertility issues. The precise cause of this disease is yet unclear. Endometriosis is diagnosed with a biopsy, medical imaging. There are few preventable measures like avoiding alcohol, regular exercise and more one must take in order to abate this type of disease. There is no cure for this disease.
However, regular treatments including hormonal treatments, pain medicines, and surgery may cure this disease. It’s estimated that around 6 to 10% of the female population is affected globally. Women in age 30 to 40 are mostly diagnosed with endometriosis.
Signs of Endometriosis Disease
The major signs of endometriosis are infertility and Pelvic Pain. The pain the individual suffers from endometriosis would be mild to severe. Individuals diagnosed with endometriosis feel pain excessively due to menstruation. The pain may begin before menstruation, during menstruation, after the menstruation period.
- Irregular and painful periods
- Pain after sexual intercourse
- Infertility issues
- Chronic Pelvic pain: this pain comes with abdominal pain and lower back pain
- Dysuria: urinary frequency, pain, urgency
- Dysmenorrhea: pain gets increased over time, lower back pains
- Sometimes, you will not have any signs related to Endometriosis. It’s essential to get your tests done by gynecologists who also observe any changes.
- Changes in the menstrual cycle affect endometrial tissue. As a result, the location becomes inflamed and more painful. The tissue inside gets thickens, grows, and breaks down.
Endometriosis Treatment 2021
As I stated earlier, there is no cure for endometriosis, but regular medications and certain exercise will somewhat be required to lessen and minimize the endometriosis signs, manage any health complications. Endometriosis will severely affect your life if it’s left untreated.
You may be suggested to undergo surgery if it goes beyond a certain level. Your physician will monitor you and guide you to the proper treatment that works best for you. One, who is diagnosed with endometriosis, would experience mental agony and trauma due to fertility issues and fear that there is no cure for this.
Endometriosis treatment options
- Pain relief medications & hormones: pain relief medicines such as ibuprofen will help you lessen the pain. However, they are not as effective as they seem in every case. Consuming hormones can lessen pain and prevent growing endometriosis.
- Contraceptives: Contraceptives like birth control pills reduce fertility by stopping monthly growth, lessen or remove the pain in endometriosis.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists and antagonists: GnRH agonists and antagonists are taken by women to stop the production of estrogen. Estrogen is a hormone that’s the main responsible for stimulating ovaries, developing sexual characteristics in females. Excess intake of GnRH causes vaginal dryness, flashes, and more.
- Conservative surgery: Women with severe pain are suggested to go for conservative surgery. The objective of surgery is to eliminate endometrial growth without affecting the reproductive organs.
- Hysterectomy: this is recommended if your condition remains the same as other treatments. A surgeon during hysterectomy eliminates the uterus and cervix. As a result, you will not be able to conceive a baby. You need to consider hysterectomy treatment before you proceed to undergo it.
Reasons for Endometriosis Disease
The precise cause of endometriosis is not yet known. There are several theories regarding the cause of endometriosis, but none of the theories proven right. One of the theories is that endometriosis happens due to retrograde menstruation. During a menstrual period, blood goes back through your fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity instead of coming out of the vagina.
Stages of Endometriosis Treatment 2021
Endometriosis treatment has four stages.
There are a few factors like location, size, and depth of endometrial implants that decide the severity of endometriosis.
- Least or minimal: at this stage, small lesions or wounds would be found on your ovary. Inflammation around the pelvic can be found.
- Mild: At this stage, light lesions and implants on the ovary take place.
- Moderate: At this stage, there will be more lesions on the ovary.
- Severe: At this stage, there will be more lesions on the fallopian tubes.
Risk Factors of Endometriosis Treatment
- Women between the ages of 25 – 40 would start getting endometriosis. It begins after you get your puberty. You can identify it once you are aware of risk factors.
- Endometriosis causes pain during menstruation, fertility issues, pelvic pain and more if it’s not treated.
- There will not be any issues with pregnancy. However, it complicates pregnancy issues over a period of time. Women who have endometriosis will feel the pain during sexual intercourse for up to 2 days.
Also Check :- Difference Between IUI And IVF 2021