How to book train tickets in IRCTC online 2021 ?
In this pandemic time, Traveling has been quite a difficult thing to do. Many people got stuck in their places because there is no traveling facility. After lot of days, Indian Railways has started working again and many people have finally went to their hometowns. So today we are going to see How to book train tickets in IRCTC online.
First of all, IRCTC means Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. It is handled by Indian Railways, Ministry of Railways, and Government of India. IRCTC provides services like ticket booking, catering and tourism services. Even though Indian Railways handle this platform, But Government of India holds the majority of its ownership.
These are the services included in IRCTC.
- Online Ticketing.
- Tatkal Scheme.
- Catering and Hospitality
- Train Operations.
What are the Covid-19 Rules given by IRCTC ?
As mentioned above, Because of the pandemic the situation has been quite difficult. Even though the trains are operating around. The Safety of the passengers has been the major concern for the Indian Railways. So they have initiated some Covid-19 Rules which should be followed by the passengers.
As a part of the Onboard Booking by ticket checking staff of fully waiting list tickets will not be permitted and UTS which means Unreserved tickets shall be permitted only for limited trains only.
To contain the Virus, The Indian Railways have provided no linen blankets and curtains will also be provided inside the trains. There will be catering services to passengers through the E-catering facility.
Ready-to-meals, Packed items, Packaged drinking water bottles, tea and other beverages will be available for the passengers. Indian Railways have requested all the passengers to wear face masks at the stations and during the journey as well.
The Passengers will be permitted inside only those who are found asymptomatic in thermal screening. Passengers are advised to strictly follow the health protocols of the destination state or the Union Territory.
Major Trains running in India in Covid-19 Times
|Darbhanga Jn Pune Jn Special||1 day 14hours 33minutes||Darbhanga to Pune|
|Jabalpur Shmta Vd Katra Special||1day 4hours 10minutes||Jabalpur to SVDK SHMATA VD Katra|
|Shmta Vd Katra Jabalpur Special||1 day 7hours 50minutes||SVDK SHMATA VD KATRA to Jabalpur|
|New Delhi Sht Special||8hours 55minutes||Habibgunj to New Delhi|
|Habibgunj Shtabdi Special||8hours 55minutes||New Delhi to Habibgunj|
|Howrah Jn Ranchi Special||7 hours 10minutes||Howrah JN To Ranchi|
|MGR Chennai Ctl Ksr Bengaluru Shtabdi||5hours||MGR Chennai CTL to Bengaluru|
|Kanpur Central New Delhi Sht Special||5 hours 20minutes||Kanpur to New Delhi|
|Kathgodam Shatbdi Special||5 hours 20minutes||New Delhi to Kathgodam|
|Bhopal Jn Partapgarh Jn Superfast Special||13 hours 45minutes||Bhopal JN to Partapgarh JN|
|Bhubaneswar New Delhi Special||23 hours||Bhubaneswar to New Delhi|
|Mgr Chennai Ctl H Nizamuddin Duronto||1 day 4hours 10minutes||MGR Chennai to Nizamuddin|
|Korba Kochuveli Special||1 day 20hours 25minutes||Korba to Kochuveli|
|Tiruchchirapali Chennai Egmore Express||5hours 30minutes||Tiruchchirapali to Chennai Egmore.|
|Secunderabad JN Festival Special||6hours 50minutes||Guntur to Secunderabad|
|Shalimar Secunderabad Jn Ac Special||1 day 1hours 50minutes||Shalimar to Secunderabad|
|Santragachi Jn Pune Jn Special||1 day 8hours 45minutes||Santragachi to Pune|
|Howrah Jn Puri Special||8hours 50minutes||Howrah to Puri|
|Vishakapatnam H Nizamuddin Special||1 day 9hours 30minutes||Vishakapatnam to Nizamuddin.|
irctc train running status 2021
How to Sign Up for a new Account in IRCTC 2021 ?
If you haven’t created an account on IRCTC. Then follow these simple steps to Sign up for an account on the platform.
To book your train tickets on IRCTC website, This is how you need to do it.
- Open the Web Browser and Visit https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search
- After getting into the official IRCTC Website, Click on the Register Button to create an IRCTC Account.
- You have enter your details which includes Username, Password, Name, Date Of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Address, Your Residential Address.
- After filling in the details you have to agree to the terms and conditions. You will have an IRCTC Account now.
How to book train tickets In IRCTC through website ?
- Enter your Username, Password, and Captcha Code in the home page and Sign in.
- You will be redirected to another page, Where you will need to enter your Source and Destination and Select the Journey Date and Click on Find Trains Option.
- Select the train you wish to have a seat on and also choose the class of the coach. Click to check availability of seats and fare of that particular train.
- If the seats are available, Then proceed to book your ticket by clicking on Book Now Option and Fill your details which must include your Name, Age, Gender and Berth Preference.
- Scroll down to the bottom and enter your Mobile Number and the Captcha Code. Click on Continue Booking.
- You have to make the payment. Select your Payment Option- choose the preferred option from the credit card, debit card, Net Banking, UPI and other sources.
- After the payment is done successfully, You can download the ticket. You will also receive an official SMS on your registered Mobile Number.
How to book train tickets In IRCTC app?
If you want to book a train ticket on your smartphone, Then Download The IRCTC Rail Connect app on your Google Play Store or Apple Store. You have to register with IRCTC before you begin to use the app. To book the ticket via the IRCTC Mobile App, Follow the Steps below.
- Install IRCTC Rail Connect, and Login with your credentials.
- Click on Plan My Bookings on the homepage, Enter departure station and designation information and enter the date on which you wish you to travel and then click on Search Trains.
- A list of Trains, and their timing of departure and also the availability of the stocks will be seen. The availability will be based on classes like Sleeper Class, A/C, and many others
- Click on the class which will reveal the price of the ticket. Once you choose your train and class, Click on the Passenger Details.
- Remember you can add members up to six adults and two infants in one booking. Fill the details and accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the check boxes. Click on Review Journey Details.
- Just Go through the train information, Class Details, and the passenger information. If you are satisfied, Click on Proceed to Pay after filing the CAPTCHA Code which will be shown at the bottom of the page.
- You can pay using your Mobile Wallets like PayTM, PhonePe and others. Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. Once the payment is done, You can find the tickets in the transaction history.
» » » » How To Book TTD rs 300 Ticket Online In Mobile 2021 » » » »
IRCTC Cancellation Charges 2021
If you are cancelling the ticket because of some reasons. Let us remind you that there will be cancellation charges.
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online more than 48hours in advanced of the schedule departure of the train. The Charges for the class of tickets are as follows.
- Rs 240 will be deducted for AC first class or executive class
- Rs 200 will be deducted for AC two tier or first class
- Rs 180 will be deducted for AC three tier or AC Chair Car or AC 3 economy class
- Rs 120 will be deducted for sleeper class
- Rs 60 will be deducted for second class
1)Is IRCTC Booking Open ?
Yes, IRCTC Special Train Tickets booking is open. The Railways had resumed their limited passenger services from May 12th onwards with Special Trains departing from Delhi and Additional 80 trains are also included now.
2) What is train booking time ?
The Booking for trains are allowed from 12:20am to 11: 45PM on all days including Sundays as well. The Tickets will be issued through one of the payment mode which is provided on the payment page.
3) Can I Book a train ticket without IRCTC Account ?
No, You should have an IRCTC Account for booking the train ticket. Even though there are many other platforms which will help you to book train tickets but they all will be redirected to the IRCTC to finalize the confirmation of your train ticket.
4) How many tickets can be booked through IRCTC ?
A maximum number of Six Berths or seats can be booked a time for a specified journey between the destinations. An individual user can only book a maximum of Six Tickets in one Calendar Month.
5) Which site is best for booking train tickets ?
There are many platforms by which you can book an train ticket. Here are some of the best train ticket booking platforms.
6) How many days before the train ticket can be booked?
You can reserve your tickets before 60days in Advanced which excludes the date of journey at the train starting station.
So these are all the details of How to book a train ticket through IRCTC. Follow the simple steps which we have mentioned above. We will get back to you with more details.